Tuesday 21 April 2009

Update

Just an update, have tried to get something sorted re: a venue. I have found the website regarding empty shop spaces but there is nothing in York, so don't worry about emailing Helen.

I have also emailed Artspace enquiring about a venue either there or asking if they can direct us, I have described the project and hopefully it will sound interesting I have only requested a few hours....thought it best to keep it simple.

I am meeting with a community artist Thursday morning and with mention out quest and see if she has some suggestions. I've been able to get hold of Jo Puller about the Hoardings placement yet so it may be a while before I get hold of her....maybe if Claire is seeing her you could ask??

Also (sorry if your not happy about this) I showed Emz all out work and actually it was great, she loved working out personalities and gave me the idea that it could also be a kind of personality 'test' with the audience making suggestions as to what personality matched the painting....I was really pleased the way she enjoyed the participation and think it could really work well with people we don't know!

Have started printing out the photo's but before I go on, wanted to check whether it was OK if i did them on photo paper ....the 'kind of' look like Polaroids with one white edge for writing on. Or would you prefer card????

I will need everyones paintings next time we meet if that's OK but will bring back Charlie's and Tara's.

Maybe we need to think about a frame or mount of some kind on Monday it could be easier if time is short to transport.

Keep in touch

No comments:

Post a Comment